- To provide channels for student input into learning, the school community and decision making.
- To provide opportunities for student leadership
- Occurs at different levels within the school – classroom, focus groups, student leadership team, student action teams.
- House Captains (2 per house) elected by year 6/7 students at the beginning of each year
- Student Executive – 2 per year 6/7 class elected by class members. Class student leaders – 2 per class from year 3/4 through to Year 6/7 elected by class members
Responsibilities may include:
- Monitoring student house awards
- Organising house competitions
- Representing the school at community events
- Leading school tours
- Supporting new students in the school
- Leading school events e.g. assembly, Remembrance Day ceremony
- Writing articles for the school newsletter
Last updated: October 20, 2017 at 16:48 pm