- To provide channels for student input into learning, the school community and decision making.
- To provide opportunities for student leadership
- Occurs at different levels within the school – classroom, focus groups, student leadership team, student action teams.
- House Captains (2 per house) elected by year 6/7 students at the beginning of each year
- Student Executive – 2 per year 6/7 class elected by class members
- Class student leaders – 2 per class from year 3/4 through to Year 6/7 elected by class members
- Student executive members, plus House Captains (as needed) allocated to R – 2/3 classes to attend class meetings, share information and collect feedback.
- Student leadership meetings occur fortnightly – Student Executive members. Class student leaders attend when they are presenting a recommendation.
- Edmodo will be used to share information and gather feedback. Class student leaders are responsible for regularly checking Edmodo.
- Student Action Teams will be formed when necessary – e.g. fundraising, community
- Class meetings held a minimum of once per fortnight at a time suitable to the class timetable. Meetings led by Class student leaders.
- School groups may refer decisions to the SLT or seek feedback from the students.
- Student Leadership Team will make decisions by majority vote – show of hands or secret ballot.
- Decisions will be referred to other school groups if needed i.e. Staff, Governing Council and its sub-committees.
Responsibilities may include:
- Monitoring student house awards
- Organising house competitions
- Representing the school at community events
- Leading school tours
- Supporting new students in the school
- Leading school events e.g. assembly, Remembrance Day ceremony
- Writing articles for the school newsletter
Last updated: January 18, 2017 at 12:20 pm