The first Willunga public school was opened in 1877 with the current Willunga Primary School now presiding 500 metres north of the original site. Extensive redevelopment was undertaken at our current location in 2006 and the school now boasts a modern, purpose-built functional facility enabling the delivery of quality educational programs.
Our facilities include 3 new buildings, two 1980 brick teaching units, a bank of 6 modern transportable classrooms, a new library/technology centre and an upgraded OSHC.
This provides the school with:
- 19 classrooms
- A double room art/drama suite
- 4 special learning areas/wet areas
- 4 intervention spaces
- A large, well equipped resource centre – with research, AV and reading spaces
- A modern administration, staffroom, medical room and teacher work room
- A Canteen
- An OSHC room
Our grounds were redeveloped in 2006 and with an existing lease agreement with the local recreational park the students have access to:
- A large hardcourt space (tennis/netball/basketball)
- 3 modern playground structures
- Grassed play space
- Free range Nature Play Space
- Large JP sandpit with water feature
- Large MP sandpit area with water feature and mud kitchen
- Community football/Cricket oval
- Full sized indoor gymnasium
- Community show hall with stage
- Asphalt areas for 4 square courts/hand tennis
- 3 areas under shade structures
- A school vegetable garden
Willunga Primary School has a strong commitment to providing and using technology both within and outside the classrooms. In 2017 & 2018 considerable infrastructure upgrade was undertaken including new servers and wireless throughout the site. In 2019 we completed our device purchasing to provide 1:2 across the school.
Students and teachers have access to:
- Interactive Whiteboards or Mondopads in every teaching space.
- Soundfield in every classroom.
- Banks of Ipads in each.
- Banks of laptops in each learning space
- Resources to support the teaching of computer coding
- Little bits and Spheros for STEM work