Willunga Primary School Governing Council will:
- Give leadership in issues affecting Willunga Primary School in consultation with the whole school community
- Foster and encourage the activities and participation of parents, students and teachers and positively promote the role of Governing Council through our wider community
- Further the interest and welfare of students and their educational outcomes, from Reception to year 7 and beyond.
Members of the Willunga Primary School Governing Council include:
- 10 Elected Parents (two year term)
- 1 Willunga Pre School Representative (nominated by the Pre School) (one year term)
- 1 Community Representative (one year term)
- 1 Principal
- 2 Staff Representatives
Governing Councillors each choose to be part of a focus sub-committee.The aim of these committees is to offer opportunity for wider representation through our school community. The work of the Governing Council is undertaken through the sub-committees.
Finance Advisory Committee
- unpack and oversee site budget and resourcing
- contribute to future budgets
- ensure debt reduction and management plans are in place
Canteen/Out of School Hours Care Advisory Committee
To determine and implement policies relating to staff, financial and facilities management for the Out of School Hours Care and canteen services.
- approve and discuss Vacation care programs, staffing etc
- contribute to development of policies and procedures
- ensure service addresses needs of community
Learning Connect Committee
Connect our families to the learning priorities of the school
- Provide a forum for parent communication and opinion on learning and wellbeing issues.
- Coordinate and approve fundraising activities
- Contribute to Site Improvement plan
Provide opportunities for parents to come into the school and be a part of the school community.
- recommend and support fundraising ideas
- ensure community views and ideas are represented at Governing Council
- connect community to the school
- Ensure that the buildings and grounds are kept in a safe and well maintained condition
- Make recommendations regarding future development
- Encourage and plan for the improvement of the school environment
- Oversee financial management
- Oversee adherence to Right Bite policy
- Promote and suggest menu changes
Last updated: February 23, 2020 at 21:57 pm