- To provide channels for student input into learning, the school community and decision making.
- To provide opportunities for student leadership
- Occurs at different levels within the school – classroom, focus groups, student action teams.
- House Captains (2 per house) elected by year 6/7 students at the beginning of each year
Responsibilities may include:
- Monitoring student house awards
- Organising house competitions
- Representing the school at community events
- Leading school tours
- Supporting new students in the school
- Leading school events e.g. assembly, Remembrance Day ceremony
- Writing articles for the school newsletter
- Participating in teacher observation cycles
- Auditing effective teaching practice across the site
Last updated: February 23, 2020 at 21:52 pm